Lacey Lake is a different kind of leadership advisory. We bring a purpose-driven approach to talent strategy, executive and professional search, and human capital management – and this transforms teams, cultures, and businesses.
We are committed to leading the way, together with our client partners, in today’s new era of business – guided by the values of purpose-driven leadership.
We operate with empathy, transparency, and flexibility to connect people, purpose, and business. Interested in helping businesses identify opportunities, attract talent, and retain and inspire their people? Check out the open roles below.
Executive Recruiting Associate
The Associate will partner with and assist the senior partner and managing partner in all aspects of the search process including: business development initiatives; managing the execution and direction of research; search strategy development; position specification development; candidate development; candidate interviews, assessment and presentation; referencing; and client management. An integral part of an Associate’s role is relationship management – networking and building strong relationships with senior executives (as potential candidates or clients) and assessing executives against the client’s requirements. In addition, from time to time the Associate will be responsible for one off projects as needed to support the growth of the business.
The Associate role is a highly visible role with excellent career track potential. Specific responsibilities include:
- Gathers information from Client/Partner, industry research and sources to gain comprehensive understanding of the Client Company, industry and the position requirements.
- Assists Partner to develop position specification and a focused search strategy. Continually refines search strategy based on market or client feedback.
- Researches and identifies prospective candidates through targeted company research, industry sources, relevant prior searches and internal sources.
- Places calls to prospective candidates and sources to elicit interest in the opportunity, obtain referrals, and/or collect market feedback.
- Conducts phone interviews to qualify prospective candidates against position requirements and key competencies.
- Presents qualified candidates to the Partner.
- May assist Partner in conducting in-depth interviews to further assess qualifications and fit to position specifications.
- May assist Partner in writing candidate assessments for presentation to the Client.
- Maintains progress reports/status reports/market feedback reports for presentation to Partner and Client.
- Builds strong relationships and good rapport with candidates and sources and stays aware of talent in the marketplace.
- Maintains the accuracy, quality and integrity of all search information in Lacey Lake’s database
- Keeps Partner up to date on relevant trends and challenges in the marketplace with regard to business development activities and general market intelligence.
- The successful candidate will have 3-5 years of recruiting experience. Executive recruiting experience is a plus.
- Identify market trends and researching information effectively through various channels.
- Able to analyze business information and organize multiple points and large amounts of data into concise targeted information summaries.
- Ability to develop strong relationships to build an industry network.
- Personal and business maturity that leads to confident and rational business decisions.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to develop well-planned strategies and achieve goals within tight timelines.
- Comfortable and competent using technology in a business setting.
- Can leverage the Partner in his/her search work and is comfortable with client contact.
- Ability to manage a search load, balance multiple tasks and switch gears while maintaining priorities.
- An undergraduate degree is required. An M.B.A. or other relevant graduate degree a plus.
201 South Grove Street
Barrington IL 60010
Let’s talk purpose.