Identify opportunities. Attract talent. Retain and inspire teams. What’s your purpose?
Motivated by purpose.
The days of “business as usual” are over, as the playbook for success is being rewritten every day. To realize their full potential, organizations must now think differently about how to meet the needs of a changing marketplace and workforce. Lacey Lake Leadership was purpose-built for this new era. Motivated by purpose, we identify possibilities to create better outcomes for people and deliver value for businesses.
WHY LACEY LAKE leadership?
We go deep to understand the “why” – your unique organizational needs, business drivers and value creation goals.
We are agile and built to move at the speed of your business – and the market.
We are flexible and customize solutions to meet client needs - and milestone-driven outcomes.
We are motivated by a desire to have a meaningful impact – on people and your business.
We connect people with purpose to unlock business potential by identifying possibilities, attracting talent, and retaining and inspiring teams. Our offerings are purpose built and provide flexibility to design and deliver solutions tailored to specific client needs and business goals.
Recruiting Consultation and Role Definition Support
Leadership Team Advisory
Executive Talent Market Mapping
Board Leadership Advisory
Fixed Fee, Milestone-Based Executive Recruiting
Board Advisor Executive Search
Executive Onboarding, Leadership Transition, and Roadmapping
Human Capital CONSULTING
Employee Engagement & Retention
We have a deep understanding of the industries we serve – we speak the language, know what motivates people, and understand the key business drivers.
Client success drives us. It’s our reason to be. It’s our purpose.
Chief of Staff, Erie Street
“Maddie and her team understand our business because they ask the right questions, assess our current talent mix, and map out gaps – and opportunities – to create profiles and identify the talent needed to achieve our business goals. That, coupled with her kind personality and flexible approach, has made the experience really great and the partnership uniquely valuable.”
Founder, Performance Improvement Partners
Managing Director, Chief Marketing Officer, Erie Street
Guided by purpose-driven leadership.
We believe that a purpose-driven approach to human capital management creates better outcomes for people and businesses alike. We are committed to leading the way, together with our client partners, in today’s new era of business – guided by the values of purpose-driven leadership:
Diversity and Inclusion drive long-term success.
Authenticity, integrity, and transparency are everything.
Innovation requires accepting failures as well as success.
Empathy and open, honest conversations lead to growth for all.
Purpose motivates people and creates business momentum.
Female-founded and led, Lacey Lake was created to help businesses unlock potential through leadership. With decades of experience – from the “big search firms” to the Fortune 100 – our purpose is to transform your business (and disrupt our industry).
Managing Partner, Founder
As a strategic talent partner and former management consultant, Madeline approaches her relationships with kindness, empathy, and authenticity. She has spent her career advising leadership teams on executive talent decisions, bringing over 10 years of human capital management experience – spanning top-tier executive recruiting and leadership assessment (Spencer Stuart, Korn Ferry), client-side talent recruitment (Allstate Insurance), and agency consulting roles (Huron Consulting Group, Healthscape Advisors).
Maddie received her bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. She resides in Barrington, IL where she enjoys spending as much time as possible cheering on Chicago sports teams with her husband and son!
With over 15 years of national agency experience at Addison Group, a private equity-backed staffing and recruitment firm, Bill brings deep expertise serving clients in private equity, professional and financial services, manufacturing and distribution. During his time with Addison Group, he partnered with organizational leaders to identify and deliver talent solutions, in addition to leading teams locally in Chicago as well as nationally.
Bill received his bachelor’s degree from Lake Forest College, where he was a four-year Varsity Letter Winner for Football and President of the Rugby Club. He resides in Western Springs, IL with his wife and two children, where he enjoys cooking, all things sports-related, and being outdoors with his family and friends.
A veteran of FCB Global, Starwood Capital, Burson Cohn & Wolfe, and HBR Consulting, Daina’s industry experience spans advertising, media and PR agencies, real estate, private equity, and management consulting firms, public and private.
Daina holds a BA in Journalism from Indiana University Bloomington. She resides in Chicago’s South Loop and enjoys road trips to Michigan, travel, music and time with family and friends.
Human Capital Associate
Lacey Lake is a different kind of leadership advisory. Bringing a purpose-driven approach to talent strategy, executive search, and human capital management, Lacey Lake transforms teams, cultures, and businesses. Lacey Lake is seeking a dynamic Associate to join the Human Capital team. He/she will have a passion for the human element of business and a strong foundational knowledge of all things within the HR ecosystem. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in nature, curious and collaborative, and a self-starter who enjoys wearing many hats.
- Provide project management support across various HR workstreams including but not limited to employee performance management, learning and development, total rewards, recruitment, communications, org design and engagement.
- Provide day-to-day HR support to select Lacey Lake clients, addressing and solving requests and inquiries in a timely manner.
- Conduct research to understand industry trends, client businesses, and human capital best practices.
- Prepare materials for presentations or client distribution
- Distill, understand, and present data
- Plan and lead employee engagement initiatives and team building exercises
- Assist with recruitment efforts including sourcing, reference checks, job descriptions • Assist with benefits administration as needed
- Elevate issues to senior staff as needed • Manage updates to Lacey Lake internal platforms (Bullhorn, Salesforce, Microsoft Teams, ADP, etc.)
- 2-4 years HR experience
- Foundational knowledge of HR laws and practices
- Experience in a professional services environment
- Strong written and verbal communications abilities
- Highly proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and hit deadlines
- Maintains an executive presence
- Ability to be discreet with confidential information
- Kind, curious, and courageous
Executive Recruiting Associate
The Associate will partner with and assist the senior partner and managing partner in all aspects of the search process including: business development initiatives; managing the execution and direction of research; search strategy development; position specification development; candidate development; candidate interviews, assessment and presentation; referencing; and client management. An integral part of an Associate’s role is relationship management – networking and building strong relationships with senior executives (as potential candidates or clients) and assessing executives against the client’s requirements. In addition, from time to time the Associate will be responsible for one off projects as needed to support the growth of the business.
The Associate role is a highly visible role with excellent career track potential. Specific responsibilities include:
- Gathers information from Client/Partner, industry research and sources to gain comprehensive understanding of the Client Company, industry and the position requirements.
- Assists Partner to develop position specification and a focused search strategy. Continually refines search strategy based on market or client feedback.
- Researches and identifies prospective candidates through targeted company research, industry sources, relevant prior searches and internal sources.
- Places calls to prospective candidates and sources to elicit interest in the opportunity, obtain referrals, and/or collect market feedback.
- Conducts phone interviews to qualify prospective candidates against position requirements and key competencies.
- Presents qualified candidates to the Partner.
- May assist Partner in conducting in-depth interviews to further assess qualifications and fit to position specifications.
- May assist Partner in writing candidate assessments for presentation to the Client.
- Maintains progress reports/status reports/market feedback reports for presentation to Partner and Client.
- Builds strong relationships and good rapport with candidates and sources and stays aware of talent in the marketplace. • Maintains the accuracy, quality and integrity of all search information in Lacey Lake’s database • Keeps Partner up to date on relevant trends and challenges in the marketplace with regard to business development activities and general market intelligence.
- The successful candidate will have 3-5 year’s recruiting experience. Executive recruiting experience is a plus.
- Identify market trends and researching information effectively through various channels.
- Able to analyze business information and organize multiple points and large amounts of data into concise targeted information summaries.
- Ability to develop strong relationships to build an industry network.
- Personal and business maturity that leads to confident and rational business decisions.
- Demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness to develop well-planned strategies and achieve goals within tight timelines.
- Comfortable and competent using technology in a business setting.
- Can leverage the Partner in his/her search work and is comfortable with client contact.
- Ability to manage a search load, balance multiple tasks and switch gears while maintaining priorities.
- An undergraduate degree is required. An M.B.A. or other relevant graduate degree a plus.
316 South Cook Street
Barrington IL 60010
Let’s talk purpose.